Technical Questions in English (From Calculators to PCs :P)

This message is from my bios (MSI K8Neo4 platinum) when there isn't a keyboard or not recognize the keyboard present. I believe this is the most stupid message in the world. I only want to express my inconformity and the angry I fell when I receive this ********************* message from my computer. An yeah... this looks like a type of joke from MSI

On monitors.
Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) monitors are basically Televisions with an interface for RGBY only, rather than an internal RF tuner. A good place to learn about repairing these devices is from television repair manuals and television repair technicians. I am not sure what formal education is available for you in Medellin, but a Degree in electronics engineering would help.

How do they not get hurt? Well, they know what they are doing. There is no magic strap or device that will save you from a high voltage shock. You have to know what you can touch, which part maintain a voltage after the device is de-energized and how to safely discharge this energy. Same as an electrician. In short if you are not sure of what you are doing, do not open it. You wouldn't open the power supply in your pc .....

on LCD monitors, these still have a bit of voltage in them as the current is transformed to power the cold cathode tube light source. If an LCD is broken, generally you are better off replacing it. There are however guides on the net for changing the cold cathode tube should you be game.

MSI BIOS
That is close to the most stupid message in the world, someone is having a joke.

Well... Now I'm replacing all my old Norton Utilities disk with various discrete utilities as follows:
NAV by Kaspersky
NWD by RegClean
Etc, etc.

I wanna know: Which utilities do you consider are most suitable for replacing Norton Disk Doctor and Speed Disk...

That's because there are several cases of data corruption (specifically with floppy disks) and some of them can be repaired w/ NDD but I don't want to install ALL NU just for NDD.

And I have heard about some programs (different from the infamous Win Defrag) better than Speed Disk... In particular counting that "Speed" part of the equation :p (because with defrag you must wait a month to sort al your HD files :nervios: )

Well... Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.

Thx'n Cya!

Luis™

I use PerfectDisk 7.0 which is an excellent utility for "defragging" a hard disk. You should give it a try.

I'm also looking for a program that can repair corrupted sectors in a hard disk but I haven't found a good one yet :(

You can find the HDD applications from the manufacturers. Some of these will allow a low level format.

that is a good way of fixing a lot of disk problems.

Why don´t you try to lear how to repair TVs. Monitors have the same principles as TVs. Try some kind of a course of TV repairing.

hey people..i`m having some problems whit an old pc.. P1 de 200 mhz 64mb ram...
later of install win 98 se, on this machine using an lcd acer of 17" it was the first sistem use and the monitor says: input not supported..
what is this.. how i can see what im doing..??? it will be low resolution or which problem .. how i can fix it...??? any idea,,, thanks...

ok mister david.

Can you see the POST text ? if it goes haywire after booting into windows then you probably have the resolution set too high. memorise the key strokes to reset the resolution on another machine and do it that way, or connect a better monitor and wind it down.
Hope that helped. .....

Though a newbie to this forum, some knowledge about audio and video format conversion enables me to be a problem-***************er,and surely with a keen interest in holding out my helping hand.

http://www.softdir.net is my own site

hey people..i`m having some problems whit an old pc.. P1 de 200 mhz 64mb ram...
later of install win 98 se, on this machine using an lcd acer of 17" it was the first sistem use and the monitor says: input not supported..
what is this.. how i can see what im doing..??? it will be low resolution or which problem .. how i can fix it...??? any idea,,, thanks...

By pressing F8 key while turning on the pc.... u will see the advanced menu and just go to Enable Low Resolution Video 640*340 (i believe), let it boot and set the resolution to a higher one (you choose) and bingo, its all good from that point on! Lemme know if u need further assistance

:cool:To repair computers monitors is the same as repairing a TV set. The technique is the same,because a computer monitor is a TV set without a tuner.Therefore check with your local TV repairman,and he will teach you how to fix those monitors.As far as been dangerous,it is the same danger when fixing TVs.
Good Luck!:bandido:

Los últimos temas