MOTORSPORTS (2011): NASCAR - IndyCar - MotoGP - WRC - Otros

• Iniciador del tema Miembro eliminado 44798
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.
4t0h1g.jpg

Accidente durisimo en las Vegas, Dan Wheldon se lo llevaron en helicoptero, aun no hay parte medico.

Confirman la muerte de Dan Wheldon, ganador dos veces de las 500 Millas de Indianapolis, un día tristisimo para los seguidores del automovilismo, Paz en su tumba.

Última edición por un moderador:
Joder .... estoy petrificado, Dan Wheldon era un muy buen piloto, me dolio cuando salio del Target, pero esto sinceramente es un golpe muy duro para todos los aficionados a la Indy ....

Recién llegaba de misa cuando me enteré :'(

Muy sabias las palabras de Pombo entre lágrimas.

QEPD Dan Wheldon.

No lo puedo creer, no logro entenderlo :(

Descanse en paz Dan Wheldon. Gran piloto, esto no debería pasar a estas alturas.

IndyCar tiene que cambiar y mucho. Esos autos siempre me han parecido muy peligrosos.

No lo puedo creer... Estoy en shock... :(

Daniel Clive "Dan" Wheldon (1978 - 2011) Q.E.P.D.

v7wrkk.jpg

Jimmie Johnson thinks IndyCar should quit racing on ovals!!!

2zgrgqf.jpg

Jimmie Johnson believes IndyCar should abandon racing on ovals and instead focus on road and street courses following the accident that claimed the life of Dan Wheldon in the series finale at Las Vegas last Sunday.

Speaking at Charlotte Motor Speedway during a NASCAR test, the five-time Sprint Cup champion also expressed his sorrow at the death of Wheldon in the 15-car pile-up.

"[I'm] extremely sad to see what took place yesterday in the [IndyCar] race," said Johnson. "This racing community is a small community. It impacted me dramatically yesterday as I sat and watched all of it.

"I sat there with my mouth wide open at the carnage that took place over there in turns 1 and 2. I was glued to the television for a couple of hours watching the red flag and what unfolded.

"I just couldn't believe that it took Dan's life. There were three other cars that took off the ground and I was so thankful that Will Power and a couple of other guys that got upside down weren't fatally injured as well."

Johnson revealed that he had previously dreamed of competing at the Indianapolis 500, but that he had given up any such thoughts since becoming a father, due to the risks involved.

He strongly believes that IndyCars should not race on ovals in the future due to the potential for cars to become airborne, as happened at Las Vegas.

"There's a racer in me that wants to [run the Indy 500], but I know how dangerous those cars are and yesterday was proof to the danger of those vehicles on ovals," added Johnson.

"I think it really boils down to the fact that - I guess if you really look at the big picture, why we run restrictor plates [in NASCAR], is so the cars stay on the ground and it doesn't matter the type of race car, if it's off the ground, you can't control it in an accident. And those cars are going so fast that get airborne frequently on ovals.

"I wouldn't run them on ovals. There's no need to. Those cars are fantastic for street circuits, for road courses. The ovals at those speeds, you can't control the vehicle when it's off the ground and there's very little crumple zone around the driver, and then obviously it's an open cockpit and then you add open wheels - you're just creating situations to get the car off the ground at a high rate of speed."

"I hate that this tragedy took place but hopefully they [IndyCar organisers] can learn some things from it and make those cars safer on ovals somehow. I don't know how. I have a lot of friends that race in that series. I rather see them on street circuits and road coursed, not ovals."

Johnson believes last Sunday's scenario at Vegas did not arise particularly due to the characteristics of the track, but more because of the nature of side-by-side racing at very high speeds with open-wheeled cars.

"It's not just Vegas," said Johnson. "You watch those cars at Kentucky, even Indy. I can't imagine running around Richmond wide-open and really racing with someone like they do. You look at all the ovals, even Milwaukee.

"They're flying around Milwaukee and New Hampshire at places that I can't even imagine I could drive that fast and it's cool to see that, but those vehicles have a lot of things that lead to getting them off the ground. That's the big thing to focus on. Once the car gets airborne, doesn't matter the type of car, you can't control it in a crash."

Next weekend's Sprint Cup race takes place at Talladega, where cars run flat-out for the whole lap while racing in packs with bumper-to-bumper contact at more than 200mph. However, speeds are limited by restrictor plates that were implemented in the late 1980s on safety grounds. Roof flaps and other devices also help cars reduce speed and remain on the track when out of control at high speeds.

Johnson believes NASCAR has done plenty of work to try to keep cars from lifting from the track and although there have been occasional flips recently, he believes drivers are not exposed at such high risks as IndyCar racers on ovals.

"We know what the risks are but I think the risk factor when you drive on an open-wheeled car is multiplied by 10," said Johnson. "There's got to be a big number that it's multiplied by. Yes, that risk exists, but I feel like NASCAR has worked hard to keep speeds down. We have devices on the vehicle that keep them on the ground. Yes, we have seen a couple of airborne lately, but we don't have those types of crashes.

"I'm not saying the perfect storm couldn't take place and we couldn't see a couple get off the ground, but Talladega has its risks and I know that but I just don't see the cars having the same issues. We have the potential, but I just don't see the chances anywhere in the ballpark of those open-wheeled cars."

JJ tiene mucha razon en que el problema de Indy es que esos carros una vez se eleva nada los controla, eso en NASCAR casi nunca falla (solo me viene a la memoria el accidente entre Edwards y Brad K en Dega).

No se si la solucion sea solo correr en road y street courses, pero algo si tiene que pasar en Indy, este era un accidente que estaba por darse.

No creo que la solución sea eliminar los ovalos. Donde han corrido todo ha salido bien sin tantos autos en pista.

Hay que ver con el nuevo auto del 2012 como va a mejorar la seguridad ya que supuestamente el rediseño del auto ofrece mas seguridad.

Me pregunto si estos autos formula no podrán llevar algun tipo de protección en la parte superior para que en caso de que el carro quedé volcado haya algo que reciba el impacto antes que el casco del piloto :\

De hecho ya tiene esa proteccion, es la parte superior del carro que el proposito es cuando se vuelca o hay impactos que no sea contra el casco de una. Pero no fue suficiente.

De hecho ya tiene esa proteccion, es la parte superior del carro que el proposito es cuando se vuelca o hay impactos que no sea contra el casco de una. Pero no fue suficiente.

Yo me refiero a que cubra el casco. Que ninguna parte del piloto quede expuesta al aire libre.

Yo me refiero a que cubra el casco. Que ninguna parte del piloto quede expuesta al aire libre.

Te entiendo... Pero tal pieza tendría que ser transparente por el tema de la visión... Pero no creo que existe un material de esas caracterísiticas y que soporte tales impactos de tantas fuerzas G!!!

Pues en Le Mans hay unos que estan cubiertos ... (aunque claro las carreras no son lo mismo), el problema es que si se rompe ese material puede ser mas perjudicial para el piloto por las esquirlas y tal.

Parceros se mato simoncceli en la carrera de moto gp en malasia esta manana, otro buen piloto

Enviado desde mi SGH-I897 usando Tapatalk

MOTOGP: Simoncelli died following Malaysian GP crash on lap two!!!

2w66ntu.jpg

MotoGP world stunned at news of the tragic passing of Marco Simoncelli.

Former 250cc Word Champion and one of the most exciting riders in the 2011 MotoGP paddock, Marco Simoncelli has tragically passed away from injuries he sustained in a second lap crash at today’s Shell Advance Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang.

Simoncelli was left fighting for his life following a horrific crash at turn 11 while in front of Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Valentino Rossi (Ducati Marlboro). ‘Super Sic’ lost the front end of his bike and while trying to hang on and remount, he was dragged into the path of Edwards and Rossi who had no room to take evasive action and both riders hit Simoncelli and his bike in an impact that sent Simoncelli’s helmet flying down the track.

When the race was initially red-flagged it was thought that a re-start was planned following reports that Simoncelli was moving but it quickly became apparent that something was wrong when Race Direction decided to cancel the re-start. It was later confirmed that efforts to resuscitate Simoncelli were unsuccessful and the rider passed away at 4.56pm local time.

This was Simoncelli’s second year in MotoGP and the 24-year-old took his best career finish in the premier class last time out at Philip Island in Australia where he grabbed second place. The Italian rider had only recently signed another deal with Gresini to ride for the team in 2012 on a new Honda RC213V.

This year looked to be the season where Simoncelli was ready to announce his arrival on the main stage of World Championship Motorcycle Grand Prix racing and was ultra-fast from day one of this year’s campaign. ‘Super Sic’ as he was fondly known heavily impressed with his outright speed this year and was the only satellite rider from any manufacturer that was able to keep in touch with the main factory riders.

The wild-haired Italian brought an injection of excitement to the MotoGP Paddock once again and Simoncelli quickly became known as a tough rider who wasn’t afraid to make a pass anywhere on track. He lit up any press conference that he spoke at and wasn’t afraid to speak his mind when asked about a certain pass during a race or his thoughts on another rider.

Simoncelli’s passing is the first in the premier class since 2003 when in Daijiro Kato, who was also riding for the Gresini team at the time, died in an incident at the Japanese GP at Suzuka. Last year Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa died at the Misano GP in Italy after he was also hit while crashing on tack.

The San Carlo Honda Gresini team put out a tribute shortly after the tragic news that simply read: Ciao ‘Super Sic’ while the official MotoGP statement read: “Everybody involved in MotoGP extends its deepest condolences to Marco’s family, friends and team at this tragic loss.”

Honda Racing Corporation's Mr Nakamoto solemnly said, "I just don't know what to say, words escape me. Marco was a very nice guy and a very talented rider. Sometimes I was a little harsh with him, for example after his first MotoGP podium in Brno when I told him: "Lucky podium!" and he was so angry... but I wanted to motivate him as I knew he was able to do even more. I was thinking that when he won his first race we would have been able to celebrate together... Now I just want to say thank you to Marco, for what you gave me and pass my sincere condolences to his family and this very sad time.”

Meanwhile Taka Horio, General Manager of the Bridgestone Motorsport Department said, “Today we are left devastated. Our thoughts and prayers are with Marco’s family at this terrible, terrible time, and with his team. Words can do no justice to the emotion we are all feeling. The MotoGP family has lost one of its bright stars, a genuine character whose larger-than-life persona, charisma and unstoppable spirit were infectious, and we’ve all lost a great friend.

“We worked closely with Marco for his first two years in MotoGP and it was clear that he was a true racer, something he proved again and again this season. Determined to the end, and a great showman. His ascent through the field in just two seasons has been fantastic to watch, testament to his raw talent, ability and dedication to the sport he so loved. We remember fondly the tenacity and spirit with which he raced, and he will be sorely, sorely missed,” Mr Horio added.

Marco Simoncelli (1987-2011) Q.E.P.D.

xopqx4.jpg

Este año me he seguido casi todo el GP de motos y hoy x la diferencia de horarios me perdí la carrera.
Que lastima y que triste esa noticia. Ese man era muy carismático y tuvo una muerte muy fea. No me imagino lo que pasó por la cabeza de Eduards cuando colisionó con Marco. Que Descanse en Paz

Última edición por un moderador:
Este año me he seguido casi todo el GP de motos y hoy x la diferencia de horarios me perdí la carrera.
Que lastima y que triste esa noticia. Ese man era muy carismático y tuvo una muerte muy fea. No me imagino lo que pasó por la cabeza de Eduards cuando colisionó con Marco. Que Descanse en Paz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbp8sJZfsic

Hoy retransmiten la competencia:

Operador: TELMEX
Canal: ESPN ( 1 PM - Colombia)
Canal ESPN HD (12 MD - Colombia)

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Los últimos temas